Handmade, ethically created, green, eco concious, charity commission


Hairy Growler Jewellery at a royal garden party, what is the world coming to? A lovely gentleman approched me requesting a commission for the ' Magpie Charity ' based in Yorkshire. The commission brief was quite simple and straight forward: to create three brooches resembling the charity logo, to be worn at a Royal garden party.
I made each brooch from an old unwanted, discarded antique spoon, endevouring to keep each one as close to the original magpie design as possible. I think they looked quite nice. Lets hope they go down well.
I intend to put up a few new ideas for collections in the forth coming weeks, so please check out hairy growler website and the Lucky Sixpence one, if you have a spare moment.
Also if anyone has any suggestions or ideas that they would like to see being turned into a piece of jewellery, please get in touch! That would be great if people posted ideas on this blog. I know people read this (as friends tell me i suck as a person and that i need to get a life, etc), but sometimes i feel like i am just typing away, talking to my self like a freak. So it would be great to get people posting ideas and stuff.
anyhoo
bye
les