Good Old Fashioned Rhubarb Crisp


I've been using this recipe for rhubarb crisp all my married life. It's from 'Nellie Lyle Pattinson's Canadian Cookbook'. My sisters gave it to me at my shower - oh so many years ago . . . and it just falls open to the page when I go to look for 'Fruit Crumble' - it is delish!

Rhubarb Crisp

5 cups rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces

Syrup

1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 - 1 cup sugar
1/4 cup water or fruit juice

Crumb
2/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup melted butter

Combine fruit and syrup and place in a 6 x 8 baking dish. Combine dry ingredients adding the melted butter last. Mix with fork until crumbly and sprinkle over fruit. Bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve with ice cream - a must!

Linking up to Live Every Moment where the theme is 'food' 6.3.11


I was featured at 'Full Plate Thursday' at Miz Helen's Country Cottage