![]() |
| Male Bluebird |
![]() |
| Female Bluebird |
In order to get these photos I set up my tripod on the road and zoomed in on the birdhouse as close as I could. and then I waited. and waited. and waited. When one of the bluebirds landed, I quickly rotated my camera towards it and took a burst of shots. It took me an hour to get the photos I wanted but the time went fast- it was very interesting watching their behaviour. A pair of swallows were trying hard to oust them from their nesting box by swooping in and diving but the bluebirds were determined to not let them have it. If the female bluebird flew off, the male was right there sitting on the box fending off the swallows. My goodness - it's a 'bird-eat-bird' world out there!

Linking up to World Bird Wednesday at 'The Pine River Review'





