
I had been admiring custom mother’s necklaces on Etsy for quite some time and finally purchased the one shown, a few months ago. I absolutely LOVE this necklace and have received so many complements on it.
The sellers name is Heather and she has a store on Etsy called MissionMommyhood. You see, Heather and her husband have been trying to have a baby for several years now and have undergone many rounds of fertility testing and treatment. The next step for them is IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). I think Heather explains how she felt best so here is an excerpt from her store’s home page:
“In vitro costs between $15,000 and $20,000. I've been extremely stressed about this and wishing and praying that we could just get pregnant on our own or through IUI (which is still spendy, but not outrageous). But if in vitro is our only option, I keep wondering how will we pay for this?
I have been making mother's necklaces for about 7 months and have sold TONS of them. One day, I had 3 orders come in from 3 unrelated people, and I thought, "Isn't this ironic? I'm always working on a mother's necklace for someone, but I can't even be a mother myself?" There is nothing I want more in the world than to be a mommy.
That's when I had this idea to start an Etsy shop dedicated to raising funds for in vitro. I now feel a sense of control when I was feeling helpless. And I believe if everyone who orders from me sends my info on to their friends and family, I'll be able to make enough in about 6 months to a year for the in vitro.”
Click here to visit Heathers Store Mission Mommyhood
WIN : Heather is going to give one lucky 24/7 Mom a $30 gift certificate to be used in her Etsy shop!
Enter for your chance to win:
2. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment that you are a subscriber along with your email address.
US entries only and one entry per person. Winner will be chosen on January 31, 2010.