tweet tweet tweet tweet - handmade and recycled silver bird ring

Beautiful new ring designs for the summer. I have been working on this flower blossoms and birdies design since last spetember and i am now smiling! I have decided to hand cut each one of these from only the finest antique sterling silver fork handles. Obviously I only use cutlery that has found its way to me due to being unwanted by antiques dealers due to no longer being part of a set. Single items of old cutlery are dificult to sell and tend to sit around in shops, looking lonely for years. I love to 'adopt' these little orphans and reinvent them as gorgeous wearable jewellery. Each ring is completely unique, individual and original, oh, and 100% ethical and recycled!

Each design is freehand drawn onto the surface of the of the fork handle. This basic sketch is embelished and detailed with a miniture hand saw and micro drill. Once cut out the piece is formed into a lovely ring. This is then polished to a shiny or brushed matte finish.


Even as the maker of these rings i look at each one in its newly shiny shape and form, and feel quite pleased! Hours earlier it had been a relatively unattractive, old fork.


Handmade and completely recycled in Cambridge.