 |
| In the waters off St. Lucia |
I saw this ship way off in the distance but by the time she finally got close enough for me to take a photo - her sails were down! A bit of a disappointment but I still thought she was beautiful. I've applied several of my own textures; rust, jacaranda trees, clouds and icy branches. A few different blend modes, a vignette, and done! I could tinker with it all day but you get to the point where it just seems to be right. For a complete tutorial on how to achieve this look, go on over to Digital Scrapper (aka Scrapper's Guide) and check out the June 2010 Premier tutorial - A Touch of Texture by Jan Walker.
Here's the 'before' photo
Here are some of the textures I used
 |
| rusty car |
 |
| jacaranda tree |
 |
| storm clouds |
|
 |
| icy branches |