We are planning a garage sale for this spring. Our two houses are once again overflowing and I'm on a mission to get rid of an absolute ton of stuff. Some things are easy - like old lamp shades and paperbacks. Some are not so easy. I've amassed a fair number of 'collectibles' over the years but they are packed away in boxes. And I can't walk into my storage room.
So, this morning, I opened up the box containing some West German Pottery (this is only a sample) which I've had for about15 years but have not used nor displayed in all that time. And, suddenly, my resolve starts to crumble. I used to collect this with my mom. We had fun frequenting second-hand stores and thought we had struck gold when we came across a piece. You see, we thought because there was no West Germany anymore, that these vases would be more valuable someday. Well, I checked e-bay this morning and prices run from $1.95 - $195.00 for the larger pieces. Not exactly a gold mine. But my heart says they are valuable and I guess they are if you consider the memories. I haven't decided what to do yet but I'm pretty sure I'll be letting these go, at least most of them. I might keep one. Wouldn't a few orange poppies look great in that middle vase?
(btw I shot this in manual mode: F11, 1s, ISO 200 on a tripod)
