Valentine treats

My Valentine Cookies
I set this plate of cookies on a counter by a north-facing window. Although there was a white freezer behind them, the background appears blue! I ran an auto levels adjustment and it brightened everything up a bit - and that was it. Settings were F5.6, 1/40s, ISO800

I made these from a recipe I  found at "allrecipes" for the Best Rolled Sugar Cookies. It rolls out very nicely and they taste great! After I had all the fun of photographing them, I a made a scrapbook page "Sugary Sweet Sugary Cookies" and then I gave them to my grandchildren!

1 1/2 cups butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
5 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight). I form the dough into disks for easy rolling.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. 

Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.

Try rolling the dough out on parchment paper, cutting the shapes, then removing the excess dough. That leaves the cookie in perfect shape and you can just slide the parchment onto a cookie sheet. (See the tip for this on the same page as the recipe at "allrecipes").

Measure
Form into disks
Sugary Goodness!
Sweet Shot Day
I shared this with Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday
Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
and Friday Flair Linky Party Valentine Edition