Creamy Caesar Salad

I made this salad for dinner tonight. Hubby was out and I happened to have all the necessary ingredients on hand. Yes, on occasion, when I am alone, I forgo the Cheezies and prepare myself a decent meal! First thing to note: there is no egg, second thing to note: use the freshest, finest Parmesan cheese possible.



Creamy Caesar Salad

1 peeled and crushed clove garlic
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/3 - 1/2 cup very finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
dash tabasco
dash salt and pepper

Blend together using a blender, or as I do, a hand-held Braun mixer. Let dressing sit for 15 minutes or so and it will become thick and creamy. You know when something is so good you want to lick the plate? Well, I did. Toss with Romaine lettuce, torn into pieces and top with croutons.

Homemade croutons
Melt butter in large frying pan, cut a loaf of french bread into cubes, place in pan and toss and coat with butter. Toast slowly, stirring often until crispy, but not too brown

Have twizzlers for dessert.

Linking up to Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen's Country Cottage

Thank you Miz Helen for featuring my salad!!