A potpourri of simple delights

Early Saturday morning I packed up my camera in my backpack, put together a little snack and headed out the door. With a feeling of excitement I headed towards town and the BIG garage sale. What treasures might I find today? What new vase or vintage urn awaits? My favourite 'junque' store was letting vendors use their parking lot for the day. I think it was a nice gesture on the store's part because what the people in the parking lot were charging for their treasures was a fraction of what you would pay inside for a similar item! What FUN! I had all the time in the world and $80.00 in my pocket!
. . . is another (wo)man's junque . . .
. . .  a potpourri . . .
. . . artsy . . .
. . . these totally made me smile . . .
. . . keeping a garden angel company . . .
What did I buy? A rather odd assortment: an old window, several chipped and banged up enamel pots, some bejeweled serviette rings, a blue Medalta bowl,a monstrous metal flour bin (how am I going to explain that one to hubby?) and an old wooden box which I have already put my herbs in.


On my way home I just had to stop at our fabulous country store - it's like a magnet and it's only 10 minutes from our house. I tried to pass by but I couldn't. So on the day I thought I was just hunting for 'junque' I ended up buying these cute little nesting tables! I swear, I couldn't have walked away! I had the perfect little corner for them in my kitchen. When I added my bouquet of globe flowers and the sun shone in on it all, I couldn't help but smile, I felt contentment.

. . . love . . .

. . . simple joys . . .








Linking up to SOOC at Murrieta 365