A prickly situation . . .

emerging . . .
on my way . . .
on the way up . . .
almost there . . .
hmmm . . .
it's a bit of a tight squeeze . . .
one last try on the way down . . .
vanishing . . . into my flower bed . . .
hey, what are you looking at . . .
Last night just as I was heading to bed I was astonished to see this fella coming out of the trees and into our yard! OK, what is THAT? oh, it's a porcupine! Run to get my camera (battery has one bar left) and my card is in the computer. Run to the computer, get the card, insert in camera, set up tripod . . . start shooting! I couldn't believe my eyes when he started to climb up the bird feeder, and with ease, albeit a tight squeeze once he got there. He didn't get much to eat so he left quite soon, vanishing into my flower bed. After he was a long way off I went out on the deck and tried to take some photos without the window between us. He heard the camera clicking and sat right up and faced me. It was a bit spooky and I had bad dreams last night. I'm going to be a lot more careful when I go wandering through the yard from now on. Note that these photos were taken with the ISO cranked all the way up to 1600 so they are quite grainy - it was almost dark when I took these.

You can check out Hinterland Who's Who for some interesting facts.

Linking up to Texture Thursday - if those quills aren't texture I don't know what is!
The Daily Wyatt