A room with a view

wow! this looks like a good place . . .
. . . no wait . . . what the . . .
. . . five females together?! . . .
. . . I'm outta here . . .
I think these are common goldeneye (females). We scoured our bird books and decided that they fit the description, plus they will nest in trees (please, someone correct me if they are not). The first photo was taken just a week ago but the other four were last year at about this same time. Anyway, what is remarkable is that on that day, five of these birds landed on this tree snag and I was able to photograph them! I was holding my camera by hand, zoomed in at 200mm and through glass (shaky, shaky, shaky)! Just one of those things, there was no time to grab my tripod (I was not prepared), and a blurry photo is better than no photo when it comes to capturing what is going on around you in nature!
(I submitted these to a contest that our county was holding and they featured my photos in their newsletter).

Now I'm linking up to World Bird Wednesday at the Pine River Review