A glimpse into my garden


Early morning. The sun wasn't quite up and I was standing on the deck soaking up the sights, sounds, and smells in our yard. It had rained lightly the night before and it just really, really felt like summer. It's hard to photograph my gardens. When the sun is up it's too bright and there is a lot of dappled light. So I set my camera on a tripod and at a very slow shutter speed I managed to capture these photos. Although, I can't say that it really captures it - you have to be there . . .

Now, later in the morning . . .


My flower pots have never, ever looked this good! I think it is because we finally got some rain barrels and now I'm using rain water. I was never really sold on the idea of rain barrels but I have completely changed my mind. Now I'm like the crazy water lady, if I see a shower on the way I quickly fill up all my watering cans and extra pails so that I can make more room in the barrels. Heaven forbid they ever dry up!